This year, a number of third party studies released evidence of ThinkCERCA’s stellar track record on student growth. The gist? Students who regularly use ThinkCERCA’s Applied Reading & Writing lessons see up to three years of reading growth in a single school year.
So, as a school leader or teacher, what steps can you take to see this level of growth among your students?
Get them to 10.
The students in these studies completed between three and five Applied Reading & Writing lessons each month, getting to a minimum of ten over the course of the school year. Have you heard your School Success Manager tell you, “You own the usage, we’ll own the growth”? You get them to 10, we’ll make sure they grow.
How can I get them to ten?
You’re in luck. Premium subscribers have access to a dedicated School Success Manager to ensure a successful launch based on your school or district objectives, and we just released a new planning tool to help your teachers fit ThinkCERCA into any classroom experience with ease. For additional support, be sure to check out our recommendations on pacing, curriculum alignment and scheduling.
How can I hold my team accountable?
- Check out ThinkCERCA’s Turn-key Toolkit for School-Based Administrators, which includes nuts and bolts resources on conducting classroom observations, facilitating team meetings with your staff, and giving feedback.
- Review your school’s Weekly ThinkCERCA Progress Report, specifically monitoring recent student activity and the Lesson Completion section
- Check out our newly released Class Usage Report (found under the Insights Tab) for a detailed breakdown of lesson completion by class
- Encourage your team to utilize our Benchmarking Assessment tool (including Baseline and Mid-year writing assessments, and leveling assessments) to help identify areas for student growth to focus on.
- Review goals as a team monthly to make sure you are on pace. If you are struggling to meet your goals, talk to your designated School Success Manager for help on getting un-stuck.