There's no better way to ensure growth for all students than through rigorous literacy instruction across content areas. In fact, decades of research from the University of Chicago confirms that reading and writing five or more times per month across subjects helps students become college- and career-ready.
In this webinar, discover how ThinkCERCA can help your district or school roll out a comprehensive personalized literacy program heading into the new school year.
Join us as our team discusses the research behind the CERCA Framework as well as actionable strategies for effectively rolling it out across your school. Attendees will walk away with five easy-to-implement ideas that are guaranteed to set teachers and students up for success.
- Common Language - Develop a shared language for talking about literacy instruction.
- Collaboration - Teach literacy skills across subjects so teams can actually talk about kids, not just data.
- Rigorous Instruction - Design rigorous tasks and questions that reinforce close reading and argumentative writing to improve learning, not just prove learning.
- Differentiation - Personalize instruction using authentic and engaging informational texts.
- Debate - Encourage peer-to-peer discussion and debate among students.
You can download the presentation slides here or watch a recording of the webinar below.