There are three ways to create student accounts in ThinkCERCA:
- An administrator can upload a school roster to ThinkCERCA [Recommended]
- A teacher can manually add student accounts
- School Districts can auto-roster student accounts
With a school roster upload, an administrator can create many student accounts at one time.
By manually adding students, however, a teacher can only create one student account at a time. Therefore, this method is only recommended for cases in which fewer than 10 student accounts must be created.
How Administrators Can Create Student Accounts En Masse with the School Roster Upload:
- Download the roster template and open it with spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers).
- Complete the necessary information in the required format (see more here).
- Save your roster as a Comma Separated Values file (CSV). Click on File, then “Save As” (or a similar option like “Download As” or “Export As”—phrasing varies depending on which software you’re using), select “Comma Separated Values (.csv)” from the dropdown menu, and hit Save.
- Click on the Classes tab at the top of your dashboard, then "Manage School Roster."
- Click the button labeled "Upload a Roster."
- Follow the prompts to upload your roster.
- Check your email for confirmation that your roster uploaded successfully.
How Teachers Can Create Student Accounts One-at-a-Time through Manual Add:
- Navigate to the Classes page.
- Create a class if you have not already.
- Once a class has been created, it will appear on the Classes page. Scroll to the class you would like to add students to and click “Enroll Students.” (Students can also be enrolled in a class from the Roster tab of the Planner page.)
- Click “Manually Add.” You will then be given the option to enter a student’s name, email, and enrolled grade.
- Select “Generate Password” to complete the account creation. ThinkCERCA will display a generated password for the student, which you must provide to the student so that he or she can log in. With the manual add method, student accounts have been created and they have also been enrolled in the class.
Students are not required to have real email addresses. If students do not have a school email address, you can make up an email address for the students.
For more assistance creating student accounts, please contact email@example.com or use the chat feature within ThinkCERCA.