As of July 2018, students cannot create their own accounts in ThinkCERCA. Teachers must create student accounts before students can log into ThinkCERCA.
To create a student account, teachers need to create a class and enroll students in the class. When students are enrolled into a class for the first time, their accounts are created.
To create student accounts by enrolling students in a class for the first time, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Classes page.
- Create a class if you have not already.
- Once a class has been created, it will appear on the Classes page. Scroll to the class you would like to add students to and click “Enroll Students.” (Students can also be enrolled in a class from the Roster tab of the Planner page.)
- Upon clicking “Enroll Students” you will be presented with two options: “Select From School Roster” and “Manually Add.” If your administrator has uploaded a School Roster to ThinkCERCA, you can enroll students by clicking the “Select From School Roster” button and checking a box next to the students you wish to enroll.
- If you prefer to manually enroll students, click “Manually Add.” You will then be given the option to enter a student’s name, email, and enrolled grade. Select “Generate Password” to complete the account creation. ThinkCERCA will display a generated password for the student, which you must provide to the student so that he or she can log in.
Students are not required to have real email addresses. If students do not have a school email address, you can make up an email address for the students.
For more assistance creating student accounts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat feature within ThinkCERCA.