Custom Lessons allow you to combine ThinkCERCA's framework for teaching critical thinking and expressing arguments with readings and writing prompts of your own creation.
How to Create and Assign Custom Lessons
1. Select "Custom Lessons" from the top of your dashboard.
2. Click the “Create Lesson Now" button.
3. Enter the lesson title and key question. Select a rubric for the appropriate grade level. Copy selected reading for original source and paste into “Lesson Reading” section. Make sure to document the author of the reading. Click “Create.”
4. Select a class to assign the lesson to from the list on the right-hand side of the screen.
5. Select "Auto-Assign" to assign the lesson to all students at their designated grade levels. Select "Assign To” to assign it to a specific reading level group or individual students. Choose a due date and click "Submit" to assign.
Note: The student view of Custom Lesson text is similar to that of Applied Reading & Writing lessons, except that the process is three steps: Engage with the Text, Build an Argument, and Create a CERCA.