Custom Lessons are only available with a ThinkCERCA Subscription. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more.
Creating your own lesson will allow you to use ThinkCERCA's framework for teaching critical thinking and expressing arguments with readings and writing prompts of your own creation. Custom lessons are only available for subscribing schools.
- Select "Custom Lessons" from the top of your dashboard.
- Click the “Create Lesson Now" button.
- Enter the lesson title and key question. Select a rubric for the appropriate grade level. Copy selected reading for original source and paste into “Lesson Reading” section. Make sure to document the author of the reading. Select “Create.”
- Select a class to assign to on the righthand side.
- Select Auto-Assign to assign to all students at their designated grade level. Select ‘Assign To” to assign to a specific reading level group or Individual Students. Choose a due date and Submit to assign.
Note: Students will view the text similar to the Applied Reading and WritingLessons, with the exception that the process will be 3 steps: Engage with the Text, Build an Argument, and Create a CERCA.