Direct Instruction lessons are only available with a ThinkCERCA Subscription. Please contact email@example.com if you're interested in learning more.
A Direct Instruction is a short 5-9 minute lesson that can be presented to a whole group (teacher-led) or assigned to individual students. Direct Instruction introduces key skills and concepts of the Common Core State Standards, which can later be developed by students in an applied lesson.
Minilesson features include:
- A flipbook format for self-paced learning
- Supportive visuals and concrete examples
- Comprehension check for real-time data for students and teachers
We have over 80 Direct Instruction lessons, leveled for grades 3-5 and 6-12. All Direct Instruction lessons can be found in the ThinkCERCA Subscription library. A few examples are:
- Introducing the CERCA Framework: Claim, Evidence, Reasoning, Counterargument, Audience
- Making Arguments about Literature: Point of View, Theme, Character, Poetry
- Writing and Researching: Research Skills, Citing and Documenting Sources, Writing Explanatory Texts
- Understanding Vocabulary: Figurative Language and Connotation, Context Clues, Greek and Latin Roots
- Focusing on Grammar: Punctuation: Punctuation, Nouns and Pronouns, Commonly Confused Words