Direct Instruction lessons are only available with ThinkCERCA Premium. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more.
A Direct Instruction is a short 5-9 minute lesson that can be presented to a whole group (teacher-led) or assigned to individual students. Direct Instruction lessons introduce key skills and concepts of the Common Core State Standards, which can later be developed by students in an Applied Reading & Writing lesson.
Direct Instruction lessons include:
- A flipbook format for self-paced learning
- Supportive visuals and concrete examples
- Comprehension check for real-time data for students and teachers
We have more than 80 Direct Instruction lessons, leveled for grades 3-5 and 6-12. All Direct Instruction lessons can be found in the ThinkCERCA Lesson Library. A few examples are:
- Introducing the CERCA Framework: Claim, Evidence, Reasoning, Counterargument, Audience
- Making Arguments about Literature: Point of View, Theme, Character, Poetry
- Writing and Researching: Research Skills, Citing and Documenting Sources, Writing Explanatory Texts
- Understanding Vocabulary: Figurative Language and Connotation, Context Clues, Greek and Latin Roots
- Focusing on Grammar: Punctuation: Punctuation, Nouns and Pronouns, Commonly Confused Words