Additional Reading Practice lessons help students engage in a close reading of an authentic informational text or infographic and complete a five-question multiple-choice assessment. All Additional Reading Practice lessons are aligned to the College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading and can be assigned as independent or collaborative work.
Additional Reading Practice Features Include:
- Authentic readings from the highest-quality content publishers
- Readings for ELA, Social Sciences, and Science for grades 4-12, arranged by grade band
- Embedded images and graphics
- In-line vocabulary support
- A key question that teachers can use for classroom debate
- Automated assessments that focus on identifying the elements of CERCA (claim, evidence, reasoning, counterargument, and audience-appropriate language)