Additional Reading Practice lessons ask students to engage in a close reading of an authentic informational text or infographic and complete a five-question multiple-choice assessment. All Additional Reading Practice lessons are aligned to the College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading and can be assigned as independent or collaborative work.
Additional Reading Practice Features Include
• Authentic readings from the highest-quality content publishers
• Readings for English language arts, social studies, and science for grades 3-12, arranged by grade band
• Embedded images and graphics
• Inline vocabulary support
• Key questions designed to stimulate classroom debate
• Automated assessments that focus on identifying the elements of CERCA (Claim, Evidence, Reasoning, Counterargument, and Audience-appropriate language)