Teachers can see students' performance by strand over time, as broken down by class, via the Performance by Class report. You may drill down by strand, strand segment, or individual student to view different aspects of the data. School and district leaders can access the same information—plus a bit more—via both the Performance by Class and Performance by Grade reports.
1. Click on the Insight tab, then the "Performance by Class" report listed at left.
• District leaders: Before you choose a report type, make sure to select the relevant school from the "Your Schools" dropdown menu directly above the list of report options.
2. Select the class whose performance you want to monitor (see the Class dropdown menu at the top right of the page).
• School and district leaders: Before you select a class, you must choose a teacher from the Teacher dropdown menu to the left of the Class dropdown.
3. Scroll to see your class' collected metrics per strand; click on a strand segment for more detail.
4. The next screen will display a list of all the students who fall into the selected segment; click on one of the circles next to each student's name for information about that student's performance on strand-specific assignments.
5. A graph of differentiated assignments in the selected strand will appear below the student's name (note: circles represent grade-specific assignments, while vertical bands represent grade-banded lessons). You may use the Previous and Next buttons to toggle chronologically, if desired.
6. Click on any of the assignments shown on the graph to expand an info box containing details about the specific assignment, including standards, grade levels, and the student's scores.
• On the initial screen of the Performance by Class report, you may alternately click the "View Full Class" button, which will return a list of all students in the class as opposed to only those within a specific strand segment.
• School and district leaders: You may also select the Performance by Grade report from the Insight tab; instead of displaying a single class' collected performance metrics by strand, this view lists entire grades' collected performance metrics by strand. You can drill down for more specifics exactly how you would in a Performance by Class report, however.