What are Benchmark Assessments?
- Aligned to reading and writing standards
- Designed by experts to help you personalize learning for your students
- Intended to be used flexibly throughout the year to measure student growth
Each Benchmark Assessment takes 1-2 class periods to complete.
1) To find the Benchmark Assessments go to your Lesson Library and click on the white button that says "Benchmark Assessments".
2) You will see the assessments in the order they should be completed: Baseline Writing, Leveling, Mid-Year, and End of Year.
3) You can use the Benchmark Assessments flexibly throughout the year::
- Auto-assign Baseline Writing Assessments at grade level at the beginning of the year to gain insight into student writing abilities to plan personalized growth.
- Auto-assign 3 Leveling Assessments (above, on, and below grade level) at the beginning of the year if you would like additional data about student reading levels.
- Auto-assign Mid-Year Assessments in the middle of the year if you would like additional assessment opportunities to monitor student growth.
- Auto-assign the End-of-Year Reading and Writing Assessment to capture evidence of writing achievement and compare to baseline to measure student growth.
4) To start assigning these assessments select a class up at the top of your screen, then click "Assign Baseline/Leveling/Mid-Year/End-of-Year".
5) After your students complete the assessments, you can review and evaluate the results by clicking either "Review Results" or "Evaluate"!
6) What do I do after I evaluate the Leveling Assessments?
Once your students have completed the Leveling Assessments and you place them in the grade level that you believe to be appropriate, and you can begin integrating lessons from our large and continuously expanding library into your curriculum.
7) Need help deciding what level your students should be? Go HERE for help.
If you need any help assigning lessons from here, please go to the Lessons/Assigning portion of our support page.
If you would like any help grading the baseline lessons go HERE