Benchmark Assessments are a series of assignments designed by experts to help you personalize learning for your students. They are aligned to reading and writing standards and are intended to be used flexibly throughout the year to measure student growth. Each Benchmark Assessment takes 1-2 class periods to complete. (Note that Benchmark Assessments are available to Premium subscribers only.)
1. From your dashboard, click on the Benchmark tab.
2. You will see the assessments grouped in the order they should be completed: Beginning of Year (Baseline Writing Assessment, Leveling Assessment), Middle of Year (Mid-Year Assessment), and End of Year (End-of-Year Assessment).
• Assign Baseline Writing Assessments (at grade level) to gain insight into your students' writing abilities at the start of the school year and to plan for personalized growth.
• Assign three Leveling Assessments (above, at, and below grade level) at the beginning of the year to determine your students' reading levels.
• Assign Mid-Year Assessments approximately halfway through the school year to monitor your students' progress so far.
• Assign End-of-Year Assessments at the conclusion of the school year to reevaluate your students' reading and writing skills and to measure their growth against the results of their earlier Baseline Assessments.
3. To assign an assessment, select a class from the dropdown menu on the right, at which point more options will appear.
4. By default, the assessment will be assigned to your entire class; however, if you want only specific students to complete the assessment, make your selection(s) from the "Individual Students" dropdown menu.
5. Select a due date and click "Assign."