Highlighting text on the iPad can be a difficult experience, due in part to how Apple has designed the gesture for selecting. However, the following is the easiest way to accomplish this:
1. To select on an iPad, press and hold your finger on the last word within the sentence(s) that you wish to select.
2. When you release your finger, two lines with blue circles will appear on both sides of the selected word.
3. Tap on the blue dot to the left and drag it over the text you wish to select.
4. If you need to adjust your selection, simply tap and drag each of the blue dots to select text as desired.
5. Once the relevant text is selected, you may use ThinkCERCA's highlight feature to pick a highlighter color and add notations.