Both new and returning students can easily access ThinkCERCA through Canvas. The process is nearly identical whether students log in via the Canvas iPad app or via web browser; the images provided below are primarily taken from the iPad app, so students logging in via browser shouldn't worry if their view doesn't match these exactly.
How Students Log in Through Canvas and Navigate into ThinkCERCA
1. Students will log into their existing Canvas accounts with their Canvas credentials.
2. Students will then select the ThinkCERCA card from the dashboard.
3. The Courses tab will load. From the Courses menu at left, students will select Modules.
4. Under the ThinkCERCA Module, students may choose to go to their ThinkCERCA student dashboard or may click on any direct lesson links their teachers have provided.
5. Students using Canvas via browser will need to click on the prompt "Load Your ThinkCERCA Student Dashboard in a New Window," while the iPad app will automatically open a new window.
How Students Join ThinkCERCA Classes
• Students logging in for the first time will see a prompt requiring them to enter the class code provided by their teacher.
• Returning students will be taken directly to their dashboard of current classes.
• Returning students who are joining a new class, however, will need to scroll to the bottom of their dashboard, click on "Add Another Class," and enter the relevant class code.
How Students Access Assignments
• Upon joining one or more ThinkCERCA classes, students will see a list of lessons assigned to them on their dashboard.
• They may simply click on any of their assignments to begin.
How Students Log Out
• Logging out of Canvas will not automatically log students out of ThinkCERCA.
• Students using shared devices should be sure to log out of ThinkCERCA fully by navigating to the dropdown menu in the top right corner, clicking their name, and selecting "Logout."
• Students may log out from within an assignment by clicking the "Logout" link at the top right.
• Once logged out of ThinkCERCA, students may then log out of Canvas.