1. Download our roster template and open it with spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers).
2. Complete the necessary information in the required format (see details below).
3. Save your roster as a Comma Separated Values file (CSV). Click on File, then “Save As” (or a similar option like “Download As” or “Export As”—phrasing varies depending on which software you’re using), select “Comma Separated Values (.csv)” from the dropdown menu, and hit Save.
4. Click on the Classes tab at the top of your dashboard, then "Manage School Roster."
5. Click the button labeled "Upload a Roster."
6. Follow the prompts to upload your roster.
7. Check your email for confirmation that your roster uploaded successfully.
Your spreadsheet must include the following column headers:
First Name: The student’s given name
Last Name: The student’s surname
Email: The student’s email address (if the student doesn't have email, make one up)
Password: Must be 8 or more characters long
Enrolled Grade Level: The student’s grade level (3-12)
Course Code: The code ThinkCERCA generates for each class. If you choose to include course codes in your spreadsheet, the corresponding students will be automatically enrolled in these classes once the roster uploads.
Your spreadsheet must be formatted to the following specifications:
• While the order of the columns doesn’t matter, the headers must match those contained in the sample roster exactly (e.g., spelling, capitalization, spacing) or your roster will not upload.
• Every column (whether required or optional) must be filled out completely; do not leave any cells blank.
• First and last name must be separated into the two columns specified.
• Every email address must be unique. For example, if you have two students named Scott Smith, they can’t both use the email email@example.com.
• Email addresses cannot contain spaces; if you use a spreadsheet function to combine first and last names, you must remember to delete any spaces between or contained within those names.
• Grade levels must be entered as the numerals 3-12 only. If a student is in grade 5, the Enrolled Grade Level column should read 5, not 5th or fifth.
• The roster uploader will not recognize any grade below 3, so if a student is in grade 1 or 2, simply enter 3.
• The required and optional columns listed above are the ONLY columns the roster uploader will read. DO NOT ADD EXTRA COLUMNS. Information contained in extra columns will not upload.