The process of accessing ThinkCERCA through Canvas is simple and seamless for both new and returning students and teachers. (Note for returning teachers: You shouldn't need to update or adjust your ThinkCERCA settings from within Canvas; they should persist from your initial setup of your ThinkCERCA account and classes.) Before your students can access any classes through Canvas, however, you'll need to add ThinkCERCA as a new course.
Please Note: If you or your school admin have already added ThinkCERCA to your Canvas LMS, please follow these steps to create a Module to allow students to login to ThinkCERCA.
1. From your Canvas dashboard, click "Start a New Course."
2. Enter the course name (ThinkCERCA) and click "Create Course."
3. You are now viewing the course you just created. Click Settings in the left navigation bar.
4. Click on the Apps tab, then the "View App Configurations" button.
5. Click the "+App" button and complete the following fields:
Consumer Key: Unique to your school; see notes below
Shared Secret: Unique to your school; see notes below
Launch URL: https://learn.thinkcerca.com/lti/sessions
• If your IT department has not already provided you with a unique Consumer Key, Shared Secret, and schoolid, they will need to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Once you have added ThinkCERCA to Canvas, contact our support team at email@example.com to complete the integration setup.