Informational texts and literature to accompany John Steinbeck's Travels with Charley: In Search of America
In Travels with Charley, author John Steinbeck chronicles a road trip he took around the United States with Charley, his dog. He records his observations of and interactions with a host of characters he meets along the way and their relationships to their communities, the land, and their country. Sign up for an account to view these lessons >>
Additional Reading Practice
- Are We There Yet? (Grades 3-5; CCSS.CCRA.R.6)
- Canine Hero (Grades 3-5; CCSS.CCRA.R.5)
- A Real Political Animal (Grades 6-8; CCSS.CCRA.R.1)
- A Poem of the People (Grades 6-8; CCSS.CCRA.R.4)
Differentiated Applied Writing Lessons for Grades 4-12
- Cultural Memoirs: How does culture help shape the people we become?
- Nature: How do poets see themselves and their humanity reflected in the natural world?
- Communities: How do poets use language to help their communities understand and appreciate their experiences and values in ways no one else can?