ThinkCERCA’s Writing Lessons may be graded via one of two methods: Quick Score or Rubric Score. If you use the Quick Score mechanism, you may elect to grade student work on either a 4-point or a 5-point scale.
If you want to grade a Writing Lesson using Quick Score’s 4-Point or 5-Point scale, follow these steps:
- Click on Classes in the top navigation.
- Scroll to the class that contains the assignment you wish to grade. The three most current assignments (listed in chronological order by due date) are visible from your Classes dashboard. If you wish to grade one of these assignments, simply click on the assignment name and follow Steps 5-8. Otherwise, click on the class name to be taken to your class Planner.
- On the right side of your class Planner, you will see a list of class assignments. If an assignment is ready for grading, a blue “Needs Feedback” icon will appear next to the lesson name alongside the number of students who have submitted the assignment for feedback.
- Click on the assignment you wish to grade. You’ll be taken to a page where you can view the status of the assignment for every student in your class.
- If a student has completed their assignment that needs your feedback, you will see “Completed” under the Status column and “Give Feedback” under the Writing column.
- Select “Give Feedback” and chose “Quick Score” from the dropdown menu.
- Select 4-Point or 5-Point Scale.
- Give students a grade using the scale you chose, provide additional feedback (if applicable), and assign a personalized growth focus before returning to the student for revision or submitting the final grade.