About the Core Curriculum
ThinkCERCA's Core ELA Curriculum includes a collection of paired Writing Modules, Skills Lessons, and Direct Instruction lessons in a recommended scope and sequence designed to build knowledge in a meaningful continuum.
The Core Curriculum for ELA provides:
- 40+ weeks of instruction
- Tier 1 instruction
- Full coverage of all language, speaking, and listening skills
- A comprehensive scope and sequence
- Writing Benchmarks to measure student progress
- Student Workbook for additional teaching, practicing, and reviewing of core vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- Teacher's Edition to support instruction
- Unit Assessments to measure student progress on specific ELA skills
How to Access the Core Curriculum
To access the Core Curriculum, navigate to the Curriculum page and select “ELA” as the subject. On this page, an ELA Curriculum option will be listed at the top. Select "View Writing Modules."
On the Core Curriculum page, you will see a list of recommended lessons organized by module and unit. You can easily review the lessons and assign them to your class.
Please note: ThinkCERCA's Core ELA Curriculum is only available to teachers at schools and districts that have explicitly purchased the Core Curriculum subscription.