In the Core Curriculum, lessons belong to a Module, which are organized by Units. As a teacher using the Core Curriculum, you can assign an entire Module to your class, or choose specific lessons within that Module to assign.
Follow these steps to assign a Module in the Core Curriculum:
- Navigate to the Core Curriculum by selecting "View Writing Modules" from the ELA Curriculum page.
- Select the appropriate Unit from the left-hand side of the Core Curriculum.
- Then, select the appropriate Module. Each Module in a Unit is listed beneath the Unit description.
- Select "Assign Module" on the right side.
- A pop-up box will appear. Choose a class to receive the Module lessons and select "Next."
- Then, you will be prompted to choose which lessons in the Module you would like to assign. By default, all lessons in the Module are selected. You can assign all lessons in the Module, or uncheck certain lessons. Click "Next."
- Use the calendar tool to select a due date for the Module. This due date will be applied to all the lessons assigned in the Module.
- Select "Assign" to finish the process.